Professional references in Conservation-restoration of paintings for public institutions in the West of France. I work for public institutions in charge of art collections. In particular, the DRACs of Brittany, Pays de la Loire and Nouvelle Aquitaine are among my professional references.
- Direction régionale des Affaires Culturelles, Bretagne : http://www.culture.gouv.fr/Regions/Drac-Bretagne
- Conservation of Antiquities and Works of Art, Morbihan
- Regional Directorate of Cultural Affairs, Pays de la Loire: http://www.culture.gouv.fr/Regions/Drac-Pays-de-la-Loire
- Conservation of Antiques and Works of Art, Loire Atlantique
- Museum of Fine Arts, Vannes, Morbihan
- Museum of Art, La Roche sur Yon, Vendée
- Conservation of Antiques and Works of Art, Sarthe
- Direction régionale des affaires Culturelles, Nouvelle Aquitaine: https: //www.culture.gouv.fr/Regions/DRAC-Nouvelle-Aquitaine
- Musée des Beaux Arts de Libourne, New Aquitaine
Wall paintings and polychromes :
I participated in interventions of restoration of polychrome works and wall paintings (photos here). All these interventions concern cultural goods classified or registered as Historic Monuments.
Professional references in detail:
Interventions in museums
- Restoration of 4 paintings of the XIXth and XXth century belonging to the collection of the Museum of Vannes (56)
- Restoration of seven paintings of the XIXth and XXth century belonging to the collection
of the Museum of Vannes (56).
- Sanitary assessment of the collections, Vannes museum, at the request of Mrs. Françoise
Berretrot, curator and director of the Vannes museum and Mrs. Marie-Annie
Avril, responsible for the Fine Arts collections. Drafting of dated and illustrated condition reports for 124 works belonging to the museum's collection or on deposit.
Intervention in situ in the external reserves and in the museum. Prioritization of
conservation-restoration interventions with regard to the observed alterations.
- Restoration of the series of six paintings on canvas by Paul Baudry and dated
from 1868. The works belong to the collection of the Museum of La Roche-sur-Yon.
The series copies Raphael's Cartons representing the Acts of the Apostles and
kept in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London.
- Restoration of an oil on copper work belonging to the collection of the Museum of
La Roche-sur-Yon. Work possibly of the XVIIth century, trace of signature. The
painting is entitled "The drinker".
Interventions for DRAC
- Restoration of the mural paintings of the ambulatory chapels of the choir, Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral. Grouping of Marie Parant.
- Restoration of two altarpieces in the chapels of the church of Saint Gervais de Vic (72), dated from the 17th century. Virgin of the Rosary and Saint Sebastian. Oil on canvas, W: 154cm x H: 160cm. Restoration
followed by Mrs Palonka-Cohin, CAOA Sarthe and the DRAC des Pays de la Loire.
- Restoration of painted works, Saint Donatien basilica, Nantes (44).
Marie Parant Group. Restoration of the keystones, the Latin citation of
the nave and transepts. The citation extends over approximately 120 meters divided into thirty frames.
- Restoration of the altarpiece " Holy Trinity ", oil on canvas, belonging to the
collection of the chapel of Saint Colomban in Saint Nolff (56). The painting is registered
as a Historic Monument, Restoration monitored by the DRAC Brittany.
l:130cm x H:140cm.
- Statement of condition dated and illustrated painting oil on canvas signed Alexandre-
Evariste Fragonard and dated 1837. The work is a deposit of the CNAP in thechurch Saint-
Patern of Vannes (56). The report is written at the request of the DRAC of
Brittany (Ms. Cecile Oulhen) to be presented at the exhibition "Alexandre Evariste
Fragonard, the prodigal son" which will be held at the Museum of Angouleme from 18
September 2020 to January 3, 2021.
- Restoration of a painting oil on canvas, signed lower right Pierre Besnard and
dated 1685. The work belongs to the altarpiece of the church Saint Germain
of Villaines-sous-Malicorne (72). This painting is a copy of the work
of Annibal Carracci (1560-1609) " The Holy Family and St. John the Baptist" dated
about 1600 (National Gallery, London). The work is classified as
Monuments Historiques, restoration followed by Mrs. Palonka-Cohin, CAOA Sarthe
and the DRAC Pays de la Loire.
- Restoration of two XVIIth century paintings belonging to the collection of the church
Saint Denis, Verneil-le-Chétif (72). They are classified as Historic Monuments
. These paintings were to be exhibited in the Royal Abbey of Epau
for the exhibitions " Treasures of sacred art, religious painting of Manche in the 17th century
- & 30 years of restoration by the Department of Sarthe ", restoration
followed by Ms. Palonka-Cohin, CAOA Sarthe and the DRAC Pays de la Loire.